Attorney Scott Sigman concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal defense, white collar defense, drug forfeiture, and civil litigation. He routinely represents defendants in cases involving murder, drug dealing, conspiracy, assault, firearm violations, gun possession, drug possession, rape, sexual assault, theft, stolen property, and DUI. Mr. Sigman was selected as a “Pennsylvania Rising Star Super Lawyer” by Philadelphia Magazine from 2005 through 2012 and as a “2006 Lawyer on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer.
Mr. Sigman began his career as an Assistant District Attorney with the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office where he was assigned to the Narcotics Division (in 1999) first as a Law Intern and then as a Prosecutor. Mr. Sigman was specially assigned to criminally prosecute Philadelphia’s most serious drug offenders from pre-arrest to post-conviction, litigate the forfeiture of the offender’s real estate through a quasi-civil forfeiture hearing and litigate civil actions against some of Philadelphia’s worst nuisance bars. Mr. Sigman was also the Weed & Seed Prosecutor for North Philadelphia. In 2004, Mr. Sigman prosecuted Pennsylvania’s very first Weapons of Mass Destruction case. During his tenure as an Assistant District Attorney, Mr. Sigman tried hundreds of cases in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
Mr. Sigman also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ramy Djerassi in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
Mr. Sigman received his Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics, and Government from The American University in Washington, D.C. in 1998. Mr. Sigman received his law degree in 2001 from Temple University where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal. Mr. Sigman was the Day Division Commencement Speaker and on the 2001 Dean’s Honor List.
Mr. Sigman currently is an adjunct professor at Drexel University, a volunteer with the Pennsylvania Prison Society, and serves on the Armed Services Council of the Union League of Philadelphia.
Mr. Sigman is admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Temple University, J.D.
- American University, B.A.
- Drexel University, Adjunct Professor (2012-)
- Pennsylvania Prison Society, Prisoner Reentry Network Coordinator (2013-)
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Board of Governors (2007-2008, 2010-2012), Young Lawyers Division (Immediate Past Chair 2009, Chair 2008, Chair-Elect 2007, Vice Chair 2005-2006, Financial Secretary 2004, and Executive Board Member 2001-2009); Criminal Justice Section (Executive Board Member), Professional Responsibility Committee; Federal Courts Committee; Municipal Courts Committee; Commission on Judicial Selection and Retention, Investigative Division (2006-2008);Delegate to the Pennsylvania Bar Association (2007-2009), Bench Bar Conference Committee (2007), and Bar Association Nominating Committee (2006-2008)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division (Zone Chair for Philadelphia, 2002-2008, and Zone 1 Delegate, 2007-2008)
- Temple Law Alumni Association, Executive Board (2002-2012)
- Temple American Inn of Court, Executive Board (2011-2012)
- The Lawyers Club of Philadelphia, Treasurer (2006-2012)
- The Louis Brandeis Law Society, Executive Board (2006-2012)
- The Union League of Philadelphia, Armed Services Committee (2008-)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 2006 Leadership Class
- United States Department of Justice North Philadelphia Weed & Seed Program, Vice President (2005-2012)